Jorge Lorenzo’s brake failure scare from MotoGP Qatar ‘resolved’ – MotoGP

MotoGP


MotoGP brake supplier Brembo says it has “identified and resolved” the problem that caused Jorge Lorenzo to crash out of last month’s season opener in Qatar.

Ducati rider Lorenzo was forced to dismount his bike at Turn 4 on the 12th lap of the Qatar race while running 10th, and said he was “really lucky” he didn’t suffer the brake failure at a more dangerous part of the track.

While not revealing the exact nature of the issue, Brembo issued a brief statement on Wednesday saying the issue had been rectified ahead of this weekend’s second round at Termas de Rio Hondo.

“Regarding what happened to Ducati rider Jorge Lorenzo during the Grand Prix of Qatar, Brembo is very disappointed that the rider’s retirement on the 12th lap of the race was caused by a problem related to the braking system,” read the statement.

“After careful analysis by our technicians we confirm that the problem has been identified and resolved so that such an anomaly cannot occur again.”



Source link

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

‘Very painful’ Williams seat caused Sergey Sirotkin’s hardest race – F1
NASCAR getting frustrated at teams’ technical inspection failures – NASCAR
KTM could bring 2019 bike forward after prototype’s Jerez debut – MotoGP
Zachary Claman de Melo to stand in for Pietro Fittipaldi at Indy 500 – IndyCar
Part-time Loeb unlikely to fit into Citroen’s 2019 WRC plans – WRC

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *